It has been awhile since I have posted a new blog. Seems I have gotten out of the habit. What I have been doing is updating our newsletter. So if you have stumbled upon this site looking for our latest updates and you would like to follow our ministry please click on this link Kenya Newsletter email campaign and enjoy.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Yesu Ni Safari (Jesus Is A Journey)

It is official! We met with the board of Outstretched Hands Ministries last week and they voted unanimously to assist Tara and I on our journey to Kenya!!! Praise the Lord!!!
What this means is that, beginning Oct 1st, we will be doing all of our fundraising through Outstretched Hands Ministries as they are a 501 (c) 3 organization. They will also undergird us spiritually and give us the covering we need as missionaries. What a blessing! 
Our next step is to apply for volunteer positions with YWAM Athi River Base in Nairobi. This will allow us to learn the culture and language of Kenya. We hope to be at the Athi River Base by Feb/March 2014 (depending on our fundraising)................So now the journey begins.

Dave Garton once said "Jesus is a journey and if your journey is boring...then you are boring". I find that true more and more. I rededicated my life to Jesus March 3, 2008 and my life has been as far from boring as I could have ever imagined. One of my greatest fears of giving up my addictions to drugs and alcohol and changing my life was the thought of my life being boring. If I am not getting high and "partying" what am I gonna do? Deuteronomy 30:19-20 says I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him. For the Lord is your life. And to think I wanted to choose death. How absurd is that...choose death over life...the death and bondage and slavery of addiction...a slave to the world. I had no idea the life the Lord had for me. I thank and praise Him for what He has done for me. Glory to God and praise His holy name!!!!

I will be preaching this Sunday both services at my home church, Commerce First United Methodist Church. I will be sharing our mission trip to Kenya we took back in June/July. I will also be announcing our plans for long term assignment in Kenya and I will be sharing my heart and what the Lord has done in my life. I prepared a slide show of our trip and posted it below. I hope you enjoy it. It is long, 8:21 to be exact, but it is worth watching and the music is good so make sure your speakers are not on mute.

Grace and peace,
Joel and Tara 



1 comment:

  1. Really excited for you and Tara. We are praying for you guys and just so happy for you. You both will share the light of Christ in a powerful way. Thank you for going!

    ReplyDelete