It has been awhile since I have posted a new blog. Seems I have gotten out of the habit. What I have been doing is updating our newsletter. So if you have stumbled upon this site looking for our latest updates and you would like to follow our ministry please click on this link Kenya Newsletter email campaign and enjoy.

Monday, November 28, 2011

On a day like this...

You might think it is a regular Monday.  The rain outside signals that the traffic might be tough to get through tonight.  You had a great weekend and a pretty good thanksgiving, but Monday means work.  So what do you do between the hours of 8am to 6pm?  Joel and I are starting our days off with a drive to Waypoint, where we sit in a staff meeting where someone describes the ups and downs of the Men's House where 20 men live, eat, work, and experience life's changes.  We sit and hear who needs prayer, who needs to forgive and who needs to be forgiven.  On a day like this these men struggle with attitudes, past relationships, hoping for chances of new relationships.  So on a day like this they wonder "will I make it?", "Can I survive long enough to see if this Jesus is real?", "Will my wife forgive me, or my children?  Can God forgive me?".  On a day like this these men are living a life that might seem very unlike yours or mine.  Or are they?  Do you you struggle with these same questions or these same thoughts?  I know I have.  So on a day like this Pray...stop and talk to God.  Know that He is real.  He cares and desires to help you through the toughest storms.  On a day like this lift someone up who you know is in need of a miracle.  Because these men are hoping for one.  I want to see miracles.  I believe in the power of prayer and God's plan of restoring His people to Himself.
Love, Tara

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blog and staying up to date, know how to pray and just see what all God does through you guys. It's exciting that ya'll are back there ministering together.

    ReplyDelete